Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Don't Blink

It will never amaze me what can happen with a walking toddler around in under 1 minute-

In 54 seconds the child can ascend to the couch, walk along it's length, reach the end table and push all of it's contents (including a red punch cup left there by daddy) to the floor- (it would be faster if the couch wasn't so dang slippery to climb from the drool).

In 42 seconds that same child can climb into the cupboard, find the jello pudding packets, gnaw through the cardboard and interior packaging, and pour dry banana cream pudding mix into her mouth and be licking the spilled contents on the floor when I arrive.

In 34 seconds the toilet paper which hides atop the toilet can be taken down, unrolled, wadded up, and thrown to it's watery demise inside the toilet or wet tub.

In 26 seconds 'toddler A' can hit her head at least three times under the kitchen table and be well on their way to a fourth time.

But most astonishing of all is that...

In 10 seconds flat a mother can list that same child under the free column of a craigslist posting for doing the following to her all 4 sides of her crib in one nap-




















Any takers??

4 comments:

Hurricane Hansens said...

you just placed another smile on my face! always nice to know i'm not the only one out there with busy, creative, destructive, etc. kids

Jennifer said...

Oh no that stinks. She chewed it right through. Good luck going through this phase!

Rebekah said...

That pudding one is pretty impressive. I specifically bought a crib with a clear plastic guard over the top rails because I did that to my own crib as a baby. One time my parents went on a date and left a babysitter in charge. When they came back I had gnawed off all the corners of their tall wooden speaker system. They still use those speakers to hold a newer set. I think they keep them around just to remind me how much trouble I was.

Unknown said...

"Any takers" you ask?
Me! Oh me! Choose Me!
I'll take that kid of your hands any day!
Ann