It's been 'ridiculously hot' (per Adam who I swear has the heat regulation of a menopausal woman) and we decided to go swimming to get out of the heat. I'm trying to get into water swimming shape- which for me consists of staying afloat- and Adam has taken it upon himself to be my swimming coach. After repeatedly jumping in and out of the pool he instructed me to swim laps. While swimming said laps I wasn't quite over my topsy turvy adventure and had difficulty going in a straight line. I also had my eyes closed since we couldn't find Adam's goggles. As I was swimming towards Adam and " Almost punched Charlotte in the face" he stepped aside to supposedly avoid injury and I swam head on into... yes. The metal pole you walk down the stairs with. Now I consider that I swimming at top speed for me (which is probably compatible to tortoise, but pretty good for me) and Adam just keeps getting a kick over repeating the "Twang" noise the pole made when it viciously attacked my head. Now note, the pole is coming down stairs, so how I didn't touch a stair and instead swam head on into the pole is beyond me. It should also be stated for the record that I was not stopped in any way by my husband who actually moved so that I could have full head contact with said pole. He persists that he was saving Charlotte and who'd have thought that I'd have my eyes closed. I persist that he moved to see if I'd really hit it. Either way the consequences were the same. The goose egg, and the headache are proof.
PS. Adam would like to state the "When you go crazy, I'm tucking in our sheets. Bedsheets should be tucked" So please know that when I'm screaming in the bed of my convalescent home.. I'd really just like the sheets un-tucked please.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Concussion central
Posted by Kelsey at 9:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ouch! and, well, double ouch!
Good for you though, for getting in shape. You're still way ahead of me.
Oh, Kelsey! I would say that when you are injured like that, Adam should be the primary caregiver of Charlie (diapers, night feeding etc.) - at least until the goose egg is completely gone!
Post a Comment